Changing Our World, Inc. is a leading international consulting firm providing personalized solutions in all areas of fundraising and philanthropy. Our expertise ranges across four areas of practice: Fundraising, Corporate Social Engagement, Digital, and Research and Analytics. We specialize in developing and executing effective strategies for our clients based on an understanding of their unique challenges and opportunities; the expectations of donors, consumers and stakeholders; and the dynamics of the marketplace.
Headquartered in New York, we also have offices in Atlanta, Boston, Washington D.C., and London. As a member of Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC), the world’s largest and most diversified communications company, Changing Our World has access to the best communications, public relations, and branding expertise available to assist our clients in taking their fundraising and philanthropic initiatives successfully into broader public realms. We are the only firm of our kind that is part of a Fortune 200 company.
Notification of Opening: Changing Our World, Inc. is seeking a professional with a passion for social impact to join our Research and Analysis team in New York City.
Position Overview: Changing Our World is seeking a motivated, experienced professional to join our Research and Analytics team. This individual will be responsible for project management of client engagements that involve research and analysis of nonprofit and philanthropic financial strength and financial projections, business operating environments, competing organizations, and programmatic scope. Responsibilities will include proposal writing, structuring methodologies for primary and secondary source research, executing research and strategic planning projects as part of client service teams, with some supervision of junior staff.
- Support the Research and Analysis team in executing research and strategic planning projects as part of client service teams
- Perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis to strategically address clients core issues and map opportunities for increased effectiveness in philanthropic endeavors
- Design methodologies for primary and secondary source research
- Partner with other members of the firm to develop analytical tools and generate white papers or studies which position Changing Our World as a thought leader and as a source of innovations for the field
- Actively maintain knowledge of news, trends and best practices in philanthropy with an eye toward pivotal changes in the fields evolution, bringing keen insight and expertise to client engagements
- Contribute to day-to-day operations of the Research and Analysis team, including assisting with infrastructure improvements and supporting knowledge management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research, evaluation and/or strategic planning for a client-based business or professional practice
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information and to work in fast paced teams
- Successful experience in conducting research and analysis in various technical areas; ability to conduct both quantitative and qualitative studies and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to apply data to inform and advance decision-making and influence the design and execution of strategic initiatives or programs
- Strong experience in developing sophisticated client presentations using graphics and creative visual representations of data
- Broad knowledge of the nonprofit sector, emerging new types of social enterprise and social investing, and elements of the application of both nonprofit and social enterprise to the work of corporate and private philanthropies
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; familiarity with graphics and planning programs such as Visio.
- Moreover, the position requires complete mastery of excel
spreadsheet use and experience with SSPS and like statistical packages.
- Excellent writing skills and creative ability to distill complex information into user friendly formats
- Exceptional communication skills
- High level of accountability when working independently or as part of a larger project team
- Ability to be flexible and juggle priorities when faced with competing deadlines
- Strong and confident public speaker and facilitator
- Motivated, self-starter with a solutions-oriented attitude fitting a cross-functional team
- Flexibility to travel, as required
- The successful candidate must have a BA (MA preferred) and at least five years of experience in research, evaluation and/or strategic planning for a client-based business or professional practice. Experience working in nonprofit or philanthropic institution preferred but not required.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package
Send resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No agencies, phone calls or faxes please.
It is the policy of Changing Our World to provide equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or veteran status.